fjolligast [ 09.04.2021 ]
EXPORT [ 13.03.2021 ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Our Tournaments » Captains Cup 2019 » Ending | Captain's Cup 2019
Ending | Captain's Cup 2019
GARIK08Date: Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 08:29 | Message # 1

Team: LSR One Love

Awards: 2

Good dayeveryone. At 24th of November our tournament Captains Cup 2019 hasended. We also organized this cup in 2015 and 2016. And now this tournament was
first for many players from Captains Cup series. In this year teams had 25 days to register and 36 days for training maps. For this time you can learn all 99maps, this is hard but possible.

Schedule:
I always try to balance tourney schedule and that’s impossible to make 2 best
teams to play vs each other in first round. And for example I always make my
team to play vs strong teams (SGA), (SGA, AFE), (2019 - net). Because if It’ll
be my team against much weaker team it will be suspicious.

Unfortunately, this year SiK  remembered about registration too late, if they would register in time then you could see
qualifications for place in main event.

1. Tournament has to be 2 days long. This is one of features of the tournaments. Captains have to adapt fast and make wise picks and bans. If
tournament will be 2 weekends long then any team can learn new maps for 5 days
and bans will be useless. Tourney atmosphere lives 2 days. You don’t have toplay each weekend for a month or weeks. Only 2 days, it’s easier for everyone.
2. All matches starts 15:00 CET, 17:00 Moscow, 11:00 Brazil, 9:00 USA, 20:00 Kazakhstan.I finish the final event in 00:50. If you want I can start matches at 14:00
cet, no more options.
3. Tournament date is known 36 days before start, if you want to play this, yougotta plan your time.

Maps:

How do I pick maps for cup?

I choose maps for every team and add them in a roster. If you played cw with trained maps, then most likely your map will be in the list. Maps from
different events. Maps on different cars. Balance in everything. In 2019everyone plays random maps, those maps I won’t add. And please if you keep play
random maps, change map names. For example: name SKCvsCrF -20.03.2019 – is a bad name for a map, in captains cup such name can confuse others. I add maps ondifferent cars, this year freeway and landstalker were new ones.

Why is there only 3 hard hydras?

This is balance. I added hydra race in the roster of CC 2015 and weak team which didn’t know how to fly hydra banned 3 hydra maps. 4 hydras – too much, 2
hydras – not enough, 3 – perfect.

I add hard hydra maps because I think that team has to play hydra good to pick
it. If I add hydra race then it will be to easy to finish 5:0 and earn 55 pts.
It’s not right and hydras must be hard. Easies hydra in this cup was front of a
hydra.

About teams:

FC – I congratulate you with victory in CC. Morpp was good at banning and for whole tournament they kept in secret their map motocross tour. Great bans against net in finals, magic valley and last day 2016 for net are very good maps. I think these guys wanted to win this cup. So much and they did it.

net – Is very strong team but sadly you couldn’t get yourself together forfinal. Probably your result would be much better. Burn was good at banning
stage. Avenger and APFEL didn’t make it to become champions of captains cup 3rdtime. Maybe next time.

SKC – I love you. You played on your maximum it was exciting. Your first matchagainst fc, shortcuts on hotwheels circuit were fantastic. You did very good intraining maps and this is best achievement for SKC on CC. Conrgatz.

NKC – Those guys were picking maps against net very good, but sadly couldn’trealize their pick. You chose bad maps against FC and lost banning stage. I
want to see you on next events. You have interesting maps. P.s. You weren’t reallyshit, but you weren’t all that great either.

CrF – Guys you can take offens but your picks were the worst. Probably you didn’t have much time to prepare your maps. Sadly that your best players
couldn’t make it to the tournament. I think you can play better. Alan unlucky
vs NKC. I add gta.ru category for you next year :D

ARC – No comments :D. Sadly we couldn’t meet up all together on our server andfor our first match vs net we were picking maps 40 mins before start. It’s
true. We have interesting picks, but we haven’t got players. And also we playedagainst 2 strongest teams (net, FC).

MGR – Thank you for participating, you have very interesting team of mrgreenserver. Mateoryt probably set new record most points for one match in CaptainsCup. I’ll check that later. Your picks were good and gave vs CrF was veryinteresting.

eR – Sadly you couldn’t make it for 2nd match, gotta disqualify yourplayers :D. It was too hard for you to play against NKC. But you played ALL
rounds. Thanks for participating.

For us, organizers it was very hard, but I like that tournaments. 2 days of
non-stop racing with interesting mode. Evolution streamed everything on his
twitch channel, for Russians guys it was. All tournament matches will be
published on youtube later. Lukum thank you very much for help in organization.

Results:

1 – FC

2 – net

3 – SKC

4 – NKC

5,6 – CrF, ARC

7,8 – MGR, eR

All maps 30 cp... good joke

BurNDate: Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 09:31 | Message # 2

Awards: 0
Nice article tho.

FC didn't hit us with these two bans since we had a plan not to pick them in final. Sadly we (except Ave) were under performing really hard, fc was better this time. We are looking forward for upcoming tournaments to prove that we can be #1 team at the moment.

ayygor11Date: Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 10:35 | Message # 3

yes, lets try starting at 14 cet next time, might work, we will not know if we dont try. also i saw some people complainig that we play on trained maps (mostly crf). guys you knew well that this is tournament with trained maps so why did you sign up, all u did was complaining about format. i enjoyed whole thing, kinda sad we couldnt get full squad for last match of saturday and ken couldnt come on sunday, thats why we shpuld think of some flexability in schedule, i know its hard to do but with starting 1 hour earlier there will be more time space to work with. GG to FC especially for our first cw. :AllCoolAndGood:

tayk3xDate: Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 15:16 | Message # 4

Good job on the tournament, GG's to the winners!

CrF's plan was to get the best out of what we can do. It is our mistake that we decided to spend less time training maps and picking maps, and our game plan didn't work out the best way it could have.
Although even if we really got unlucky with some of our best players not being able to show up on important games, at the end, it's up to us to learn from our mistakes and do better next year (mainly for Alan to get a monitor with a higher res than 1024x768 xd).

I hope the MTA Community will continue to stay active and organize more of these interesting events!

Bruno_WilsonDate: Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 17:47 | Message # 5

Awards: 1
najs igraesh

ConfusedDate: Thursday, 28.11.2019, 19:52 | Message # 6

Thanks for the tournament. I had so much fun.

Forum » Our Tournaments » Captains Cup 2019 » Ending | Captain's Cup 2019
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Now: 15.05.2024, 02:39